cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much are the lates on my CR hurting my score?

tag
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

How much are the lates on my CR hurting my score?

I have 6 lates on my credit report.  They are all from 2009.  There are 2 30 day lates, 2 60 day lates, and 2 90+ day lates.  They are the only negatives on my report.  I eventually caught up on the account and it was closed saying Pays account as agreed.

My current FICO scores are 726 EQ and 747 TU.  If I got rid of the lates, would it change my score by much?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How much are the lates on my CR hurting my score?

30 and 60 day lates are minor degrogatories and don't impact your score much after about 2 years.  The 90+ days are major derogatories, the same as a CO or collection and will impact your score for much, much longer.

Since your score is higer, they all have a bigger impact on your score, especially the 2 90+ days.  If you were to get them deleted I would say a significant increase.

Message 2 of 4
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I thought maybe since they were 2.5-3 years old they wouldn't hurt my score as much.  I'm trying to get Chase to make a GW adjustment but haven't had any luck so far.

I'm planning on getting an auto loan someitme soon.  Would that hurt the rate that I'm given?  Would I get a higher rate than someone with the same type of scores but with a 0 late payment history?

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would say probably not.  It is typically based on your score but on a manual review you could explain the late.

Also, if they use the Auto Enhanced FICO score, it is weighed more heavily on your past and present history with auto accounts.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.