cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much are these old Lates affecting me ?? Credit Yoda help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much are these old Lates affecting me ?? Credit Yoda help?

So, yesterday on my EQ I had my LAST CO and LAST COLLECTION removed early via an executive at EQ (8 months early!!!), and my score went DOWN 1 pt.  I was angry but only for a second, as I learned the art of re bucketing last month when EXP deleted my last COL, my score dropped 10 pts, then went up 15pts a week later when my UTIL paid down.  (Prior to this, UTIL paydowns only resulted in a small 3-5pt gain no matter how big)...So, re-bucketing it is.  

However, I had THOUGHT these were my last big baddies -- until I looked at the report deeper and saw a US TREASURY account for a debt from 2013, for $550 -- they have it currentl;y marked as 150 days past due!!!  Anyway, this post isnt about that either (posted about it last nite) -- I PIF yesterday and disputed via EQ -- Treasury always removes once PIF, so this 150 day late account will be gone within 1-2 weeks!!  

Lastly, I have a string of 30 day lates from 2013 -- last one being in 12/13 -- not going to lie, like 10 in a row on my Wells Fargo SL.  I was in a very bad spot, and never let it go above 30 days late but I do have like 9-10 in a row.  So, how is this affecting my scores?  I am told that after 1 year 30 day lates stings are felt less, and at 2 years they all but go away in terms of FICO score -- but I had quite a few...are these scored differently?  Nobody seems to really know, even articles I found on "multiple 30 day lates".. ?

Once these age to 2 years in a month and half, I should really be good to go espeically with this 150 day late removal which HAS to be killing me, as Im told a 150 late account is as bad as a CO ??  I am realllyyy hoping once Tresuray deletes this severely past due acct, my score will rebound majorly from those other deletions....

So how are these 30 day affecting me and should I keeep trying to GW WF (tried 1x, no dice via EO)?  My score for EQ was 602, dropped to 601 AFTER CO and COL removal yesterday!  BUT my report overall looks SO MUCH BETTER with all that gone!!!  Other scores are EXP 650 and TU 622 now, FICO 8s.  

Thanks for the continued input Gurus!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much are these old Lates affecting me ?? Credit Yoda help?

Like you've already stated, the 30 day lates sting a lot less after 24 months. The string of them isn't too much of a concern as far as scoring goes. 5 in a row is the same as 5 over 10 months. If you're looking to get a loan, then 9 or 10 lates in a row will look suspicious/bad and raise questions. 150 day lates burn you the entire 7-7.5 years it reports.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks South!

So I am correct in my guess that once that 150 is goner I can expect a nice jump, especially given the other two baddies gone?? I have to think that 150 is what's killing me keeping me in low 600 land now .... I suppose I'll know I'm a week or so! UTIL pay down reporting soon too
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my understanding from these forums that once your last negative item is gone, you can expect the biggest gains, even after rebucketing.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will wait with baited breath!!!!! Wooooooo I'll update here as soon as it's gone
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.