Contributor
Phitor

How much can scores really vary from CRA to CRA?

I've pretty much rebuilt as much as I can, with just one pesky 30 day BoA CC from 2008 that won't budge. I've been pulling only EQ every so often as sort of a barometer to the improvements.

However, I've been seeing an ad on TV for some service, where the individual in question has a score in the 790s, 780s, and then one in the 580s. I'm not sure if this is for effect, or an actual possibility. Can there really be a 200 point difference between, say, TU and EQ? Or can we reasonably assume that if one report is pulled, the other two are probably within +/- 40 points or so (this also seems to be validated by looking at various people's Fico Challenge signatures - every step of the way, their scores all seem to be grouped within a reasonable amount of error.)

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

Re: How much can scores really vary from CRA to CRA?

Not all CC report to all three agencies.  So, if you have a really bad history with a CC that only reports to TU, your TU could be really low even though your EQ/EX are high.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Senior Contributor
Booner72

Re: How much can scores really vary from CRA to CRA?

My EX score is much higher because there is not a judgment that is listed on EQ and TU.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}