cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much can scores really vary from CRA to CRA?

tag
Phitor
Contributor

How much can scores really vary from CRA to CRA?

I've pretty much rebuilt as much as I can, with just one pesky 30 day BoA CC from 2008 that won't budge. I've been pulling only EQ every so often as sort of a barometer to the improvements.

However, I've been seeing an ad on TV for some service, where the individual in question has a score in the 790s, 780s, and then one in the 580s. I'm not sure if this is for effect, or an actual possibility. Can there really be a 200 point difference between, say, TU and EQ? Or can we reasonably assume that if one report is pulled, the other two are probably within +/- 40 points or so (this also seems to be validated by looking at various people's Fico Challenge signatures - every step of the way, their scores all seem to be grouped within a reasonable amount of error.)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much can scores really vary from CRA to CRA?

Not all CC report to all three agencies.  So, if you have a really bad history with a CC that only reports to TU, your TU could be really low even though your EQ/EX are high.

Message 2 of 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: How much can scores really vary from CRA to CRA?

My EX score is much higher because there is not a judgment that is listed on EQ and TU.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.