cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do ya'll think (in general) a score will go up with 7 collections removed?

tag
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

How much do ya'll think (in general) a score will go up with 7 collections removed?

I am having 7 collections removed from all the cra's does anyone know if that will be a nice bump?  I still need to get rid of 4 charge offs though.   Rest are in good standing about 14 accounts. 

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much do ya'll think (in general) a score will go up with 7 collections removed?

i used to have one collection and when it was removed my scores jumped 107 points! so i can imagine good it would do to remove 7 colelctions.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much do ya'll think (in general) a score will go up with 7 collections removed?

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

I am having 7 collections removed from all the cra's does anyone know if that will be a nice bump?  I still need to get rid of 4 charge offs though.   Rest are in good standing about 14 accounts. 

We cant really guess that-  It will also be depend on other factors in your report.  So it will be a wild guess as everyone's report is different.

Message 3 of 10
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

They were only medical though.  All duplicate entries. But they are gone, or will be.  I need to work on the charge offs.  Barclays wants to settle,I want the best negative entry possible...... so waiting .... They're supposed to call me. 

Starting Score:

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, obviously, it will go up 7 times what sapingo's did - 749 points is what you'll gain! Simple Arithmetic, amiright?

All kidding aside, there's just too many variables to even make a guess.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 removals!! That's awesome. Just got 5 removed..curious to find out the impact
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

A-W-E-S-O-M-E  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it's anywhere between 30-50 points from removing one. But if you see my other thread, not everything comes off from all 3 bereaus at the same time.

Message 8 of 10
superdad
Regular Contributor

To many things to consider, age of the accounts and amounts.  Accounts that are 4+ years and are under 100 bucks will have less impact.  So removing them will have little effect on scores.

Message 9 of 10
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

They are within the past year, all 50 and 90 dollars.  Its from a copay where the hospital obviously lost the information.  Smiley Sad  Paid all those bills, but anyway, its still 7. 

Starting Score:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.