Established Member
bd1980

How much longer???

Just getting frustrated. I guess this is kinda like a grown up "Are we there yet?!" Lol. My credit has been stuck around 600 for a while now. I financed a new Harley in August, set up automatic withdrawal payments where I'm paying more than $100 extra every month, been utilizing a Capital One card (using the tips from members here). When can I expect some big jump? If I would miss ONE payment a day late, I'm sure it would probably drop 50 points or so. I'm trying my best here and it seems like nothing is changing. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the vent haha.
Frequent Contributor
NewbieReed

Re: How much longer???

bd1980 wrote:
Just getting frustrated. I guess this is kinda like a grown up "Are we there yet?!" Lol. My credit has been stuck around 600 for a while now. I financed a new Harley in August, set up automatic withdrawal payments where I'm paying more than $100 extra every month, been utilizing a Capital One card (using the tips from members here). When can I expect some big jump? If I would miss ONE payment a day late, I'm sure it would probably drop 50 points or so. I'm trying my best here and it seems like nothing is changing. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the vent haha.

Hey there! I know that it feels like forever - FICO scores are time dependent though, so as long as u keep plugging, u will see a major jump. Great job keeping up with ur payments and utilization. Do u have any other cards tho? From what I hear, the magic # of revolving accts is supposedly 3. Maybe a secured card will work for u as well. How about ur CR - any baddies to GW or get removed? Whats ur AAoA? Im sure that the experts here will want to know more about ur CR to give u some sound advice. 

Best of luck! 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
beb86

The biggest thing to remember is that time heals all

ccpics2.jpg
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Dont be overly paranoid about making a payment "one day late."

That is not a reportable delinquency to a CRA.  A reportable 30-late is based on being more than 30 days past the billing due date, not the billing date.

You have a 30-day window after an account becomes delinquent before a delinquency becomes reportable.

Established Member
bd1980

Thank you, I paid off a couple old collections, tried GW's, nothing happened with them yet. Like you said, I just have to be patient. I am willing to try another CC but not sure which one to get or go for. I don't want to take another hard hit on my credit. Thank you again for the replies.
Senior Contributor
fishbjc

Have u tried the shopping cart trick for a store card?  Try Victoria's secret, buckle, express.....etc

Frequent Contributor
NewbieReed

fishbjc wrote:

Have u tried the shopping cart trick for a store card?  Try Victoria's secret, buckle, express.....etc

+1  I got VS with the trick in December w/o a pull :smileyhappy: YAY! I suggest that u check the CC side of the forums for the lsit of SP CCs with the shopping cart trick. 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
bd1980

Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}