Established Member

How much longer???

Just getting frustrated. I guess this is kinda like a grown up "Are we there yet?!" Lol. My credit has been stuck around 600 for a while now. I financed a new Harley in August, set up automatic withdrawal payments where I'm paying more than $100 extra every month, been utilizing a Capital One card (using the tips from members here). When can I expect some big jump? If I would miss ONE payment a day late, I'm sure it would probably drop 50 points or so. I'm trying my best here and it seems like nothing is changing. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the vent haha.
Frequent Contributor

Re: How much longer???

bd1980 wrote:
Just getting frustrated. I guess this is kinda like a grown up "Are we there yet?!" Lol. My credit has been stuck around 600 for a while now. I financed a new Harley in August, set up automatic withdrawal payments where I'm paying more than $100 extra every month, been utilizing a Capital One card (using the tips from members here). When can I expect some big jump? If I would miss ONE payment a day late, I'm sure it would probably drop 50 points or so. I'm trying my best here and it seems like nothing is changing. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the vent haha.

Hey there! I know that it feels like forever - FICO scores are time dependent though, so as long as u keep plugging, u will see a major jump. Great job keeping up with ur payments and utilization. Do u have any other cards tho? From what I hear, the magic # of revolving accts is supposedly 3. Maybe a secured card will work for u as well. How about ur CR - any baddies to GW or get removed? Whats ur AAoA? Im sure that the experts here will want to know more about ur CR to give u some sound advice. 

Best of luck! 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

The biggest thing to remember is that time heals all

ccpics2.jpg
Epic Contributor

Dont be overly paranoid about making a payment "one day late."

That is not a reportable delinquency to a CRA.  A reportable 30-late is based on being more than 30 days past the billing due date, not the billing date.

You have a 30-day window after an account becomes delinquent before a delinquency becomes reportable.

Established Member

Thank you, I paid off a couple old collections, tried GW's, nothing happened with them yet. Like you said, I just have to be patient. I am willing to try another CC but not sure which one to get or go for. I don't want to take another hard hit on my credit. Thank you again for the replies.
Senior Contributor

Have u tried the shopping cart trick for a store card?  Try Victoria's secret, buckle, express.....etc

Frequent Contributor

fishbjc wrote:

Have u tried the shopping cart trick for a store card?  Try Victoria's secret, buckle, express.....etc

+1  I got VS with the trick in December w/o a pull :smileyhappy: YAY! I suggest that u check the CC side of the forums for the lsit of SP CCs with the shopping cart trick. 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member

Thanks!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.