Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much longer????

tag
nvrgiveup08
Contributor

How much longer????

Hey guys!! Ive been a forum lurker for about three years now but I've finally decided to take a STAND AGAINST BAD CREDIT. Im striving for a 640 score so that I can purchase a home by the end of this year. Here is what my report looks like( just had it pulled on 2/22/12).

Current Scores:

EQ: 483

EX:517

TU:562

Student loans: $24,785- just deffered

Auto: $11, 727- Last late payment reported 10/2011

First Premiere $700 limit; authorized user opened 8/11 never late Balance $210.00

Emblem Card $350 limit opened 3/11. never late. Balance $94.00

Orchard Bank $300 limit opened 10/11 never late Balance $42

Sunset Finance $300 personal loan opened 10/11, never late and paid in full 2/12

Negative accounts:

Late payment on car loan 10/30

Applied Bank 1150 charge off- Just settled for $520 and paid yesterday

Jefferson Corp which is a old Visa card is reporting on Equifax. I asked for a PFD and was approved and acct was removed from EX and TU but nevert EQ- I disputed and EQ said that it will be removed ( have it in writing)

Medical $582

Medical $58

Medical $313

Hoping the PFD for EQ will raise my score since this is the lowest what should I do now besides wait to attempt to raise my score enough for a mortgage? Oh and BTW our MIL let us stay with her rent/bill free so we can save enough money for a downpayment and pay off debts...God is good Smiley Happy Love her

No place to go but UP

EQ 632
EX 648
TU 648
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
nvrgiveup08
Contributor

Re: How much longer????

Oh and BTW the cards were maxed out up until 2/23/2012 so this was not factored in my credit score

No place to go but UP

EQ 632
EX 648
TU 648
Message 2 of 9
nvrgiveup08
Contributor

Re: How much longer until score raise??

Ok so no one has resonded...maybe because I never really asked the question. I am trying to qualify for a mortgage by August of this year, looking at my credit scenario how much longer do you think that it will take to raise score to 620-650 range??

No place to go but UP

EQ 632
EX 648
TU 648
Message 3 of 9
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: How much longer????

@nvrgiveup08 wrote:

Hey guys!! Ive been a forum lurker for about three years now but I've finally decided to take a STAND AGAINST BAD CREDIT. Im striving for a 640 score so that I can purchase a home by the end of this year. Here is what my report looks like( just had it pulled on 2/22/12).

Current Scores:

EQ: 483

EX:517

TU:562

Student loans: $24,785- just deffered

Auto: $11, 727- Last late payment reported 10/2011

First Premiere $700 limit; authorized user opened 8/11 never late Balance $210.00

Emblem Card $350 limit opened 3/11. never late. Balance $94.00

Orchard Bank $300 limit opened 10/11 never late Balance $42

Sunset Finance $300 personal loan opened 10/11, never late and paid in full 2/12

Negative accounts:

Late payment on car loan 10/30

Applied Bank 1150 charge off- Just settled for $520 and paid yesterday

Jefferson Corp which is a old Visa card is reporting on Equifax. I asked for a PFD and was approved and acct was removed from EX and TU but nevert EQ- I disputed and EQ said that it will be removed ( have it in writing)

Medical $582

Medical $58

Medical $313

Hoping the PFD for EQ will raise my score since this is the lowest what should I do now besides wait to attempt to raise my score enough for a mortgage? Oh and BTW our MIL let us stay with her rent/bill free so we can save enough money for a downpayment and pay off debts...God is good Smiley Happy Love her

I'm not sure on how long score changes will take but this is my suggestion on what you have going on..

If you paid down some of the util and it's not factored in your score, that will help some. I would get the Emblem and Orchard down to $0 balance since the card you are an AU on has a pretty good balance on it compared to CL.

When you paid Applied Bank, did you negotiate a delete with them? If not, I'd let everything clear and then GW them.

Have you started doing anything on the 3 medicals yet? Might wan't to go ahead and start doing HIPAA on those.

Congrats on the successful PFD! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
namvet
Established Contributor

@nvrgiveup08 wrote:

Ok so no one has resonded...maybe because I never really asked the question. I am trying to qualify for a mortgage by August of this year, looking at my credit scenario how much longer do you think that it will take to raise score to 620-650 range??

Well no one like to hear bad news but you asked a question and it deserves a reply good or bad.  IMO the answer is no.  You got some work to do before you will be able to qualify for a mortgage.  I'm not a repair expert but there are a number of them here.  Maybe you will get some helpful advice.  Good luck.

Message 5 of 9
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

I think the late from 10-2011 on your auto loan might keep you from getting the loan in August. You have to have 12+ months of clean credit I believe? You might have to wait a couple of months longer unless you can get  GW to remove that late?

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 6 of 9
nvrgiveup08
Contributor

Yeah I have spoken with a friend who happens to be a loan officer and he told me that I have to have 12mths of no late payments to qualify. I'm just doing all I can do to improve my scores and maintain good payment history. Prayerfully in October I will be able to qualify
No place to go but UP

EQ 632
EX 648
TU 648
Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nvrgiveup08 wrote:

I would focus on resolving the collections by way of DV / PFD. Where did you get your scores from?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
nvrgiveup08
Contributor

I got the scores from the mortgage company. All collections as of today have been paid and some have been deleted. The only remaining are medical and I'm in the process of going forward with sending out HIPPA letters. I still am in the research process of HIPPA because I have no clue where to begin. Any advice or letter templates would be greatly appreciated
No place to go but UP

EQ 632
EX 648
TU 648
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.