Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much more should I pay down?

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

How much more should I pay down?

My last credit score was 564 experian, 569 equifax . i paid cap one down to $441 from $900 ($1000limit) and I paid orchard down to 88 from $350 ($400 limit). I'm hoping for a nice little bump when they hit my credit report at the very end of this month or very early march. What do you think I should do? Pay some more before  due date? Orchard bank is actually due today and cap one due on the 28th

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: How much more should I pay down?

I'd pay the cap one down to 85 bucks and pay off the orchard.
Message 2 of 4
IamB2
Established Contributor

@HigherFico wrote:

My last credit score was 564 experian, 569 equifax . i paid cap one down to $441 from $900 ($1000limit) and I paid orchard down to 88 from $350 ($400 limit). I'm hoping for a nice little bump when they hit my credit report at the very end of this month or very early march. What do you think I should do? Pay some more before  due date? Orchard bank is actually due today and cap one due on the 28th

If you can afford it, I'd definitely pay off Capital one - to show 9% or less utilization and pay Orchard in full.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@randyrhodes wrote:
I'd pay the cap one down to 85 bucks and pay off the orchard.

+1

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.