cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much of a jump did you see after paying down cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much of a jump did you see after paying down cards?

Hello all! I am far from new to the forum but definitely took a loooong hiatus. During which time I improved my credit then got addicted to the approvals and welp fell into the high utilization zone. My question is how much of a jump has anyone seen from paying down a large amount of debt at once? I paid down about 5k worth of debt within this past month (down from 8k).  I'll be looking to purchase a new car soon and just trying to get an idea....granted I know this can vary situation to situation. 

CC#1 - was maxed at 1750.00 paid down to 501.00

CC#2 - was maxed at 2000.00 paid down to 700.00

CC#3 - was at 50%  to 690.00

CC#4 - was at 1700 paid down to 500.00

My current scores are EQ - 633, Exp - 627, TU - 627

1 collection - FCO its paid off but wont drop off until 2020 

1 recent late,  4 months ago - Comenity/EXP - paid by the due date by somehow accidently paid less than minimum amt (no luck in getting this removed so far) 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much of a jump did you see after paying down cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all! I am far from new to the forum but definitely took a loooong hiatus. During which time I improved my credit then got addicted to the approvals and welp fell into the high utilization zone. My question is how much of a jump has anyone seen from paying down a large amount of debt at once? I paid down about 5k worth of debt within this past month (down from 8k).  I'll be looking to purchase a new car soon and just trying to get an idea....granted I know this can vary situation to situation. 

CC#1 - was maxed at 1750.00 paid down to 501.00

CC#2 - was maxed at 2000.00 paid down to 700.00

CC#3 - was at 50%  to 690.00

CC#4 - was at 1700 paid down to 500.00

My current scores are EQ - 633, Exp - 627, TU - 627

1 collection - FCO its paid off but wont drop off until 2020 

1 recent late,  4 months ago - Comenity/EXP - paid by the due date by someone accidently paid less than minimum amt (no luck in getting this removed so far) 

Impossible to really say. During my first rebuild I paid down my two maxxed out Cap One cards and got about 40-45 ponts. Those were the only cards I had and they were at 90% or more.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much of a jump did you see after paying down cards?

I figured it'd be a shot in the dark, I appreciate you're response/insight.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.