cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much of an increase did you see with 1 deletion?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

How much of an increase did you see with 1 deletion?

Just curious how much of an increase (if any) some of you have seen with 1 item deleted? I recently paid off a debt with a PFD (RJM aqusitions) and I'm just curious if my score will increase any. It was for $49 dollars, don't know if the amount matters, and it's been on my CR for about 5-6 years (dont know if that matters either)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How much of an increase did you see with 1 deletion?

It's a YMMV based on how it reports, how old it is, the DOFD, how many baddies are remaining, how many are newer than the one being deleted, and other factors. I've seen anywhere from 0 points to 104 points with a baddie's removal, and even lost points too (due to a CO's age a couple times and once due to rebucketing).

Balances don't matter for CAs or for most COs. A balance can affect a CC CO though.

Message 2 of 3
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Re: How much of an increase did you see with 1 deletion?

I have seen anywhere from a zero point increase to a 40+ point increase... from what I have found the most important factors are:

• How many Collections are on your credit report. If this is your last collection you will see a big bump because you will get rebucketed
  • Age of the account- The more recent more of a bump
  • Amount- This believe this impacts your utilization, could be wrong on this though

When I had like 4+ collections getting one removed only had like a 4-5 point impact but I got a 41 point jump when my last collection came off...

Hope that helps!!

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.