cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much positive increase in FICO month to month?

tag
rubicon
Regular Contributor

How much positive increase in FICO month to month?

I'm just curious how much of an increase you guys see on a month to month basis from paying all of your loans/credit cards on time each month.

Starting FICO: 5/19/16 EX-586, EQ-555, TU-545
FICO 7/22/16 EX-652, EQ-636, TU-589
FICO 8/22/16 EX-659 EQ-628 TU-612
FICO 10/27/20 EX-687, EQ-664, TU-672
FICO 6/14/23 EX-707 EQ-698 TU-712
9 REPLIES 9
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: How much positive increase in FICO month to month?

I would say an average of 3 points per month that comes in chunks at certain AAoA levels and when Inq's age to a certain point.

But, because most of us are apping some of the time, it's hard to keep track.

Message 2 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

This can be very different and vary from profile to profile. I'm not even sure on mine because I know from month to month it is very different. I think if there are no changes, there may be more of an average of how my scores fluctuate.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

with my scores where they are....i only see a 1-2 pt increase on the 1st of every month.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just paying on time, no idea. But dropping utilization, big gains.

Message 5 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I just started the rebuild in Feb , have had lots of things removed and paid , I have seen anywhere from a 20 to 25 pt increase every mth since Feb. I know it won't keep on this way but just wanted to share my stats with ya. Also I had never had any positive TLs reporting besides my student loans and now I have 2 secured cards and two store cards so that helps alot , that was one of my major factors was that I needed positive accounts .
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
I just started the rebuild in Feb , have had lots of things removed and paid , I have seen anywhere from a 20 to 25 pt increase every mth since Feb. I know it won't keep on this way but just wanted to share my stats with ya. Also I had never had any positive TLs reporting besides my student loans and now I have 2 secured cards and two store cards so that helps alot , that was one of my major factors was that I needed positive accounts .

I would assume once we get to a point where we have no more negative credit greatly outweighing the positive, the grow will be slow and steady. This is where the patience comes in I suppose. Aging takes time.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen 7 to as much as 20 on EX.  That's if I'm in the garden and just paying on my cards.  I have been shocked by getting a cli in 2 weeks from TU or EX.  Now EQ is not keeping up as well.  And they don't normally increase for at least a month.  

Message 8 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

@lowkeyorca yes I'm sure you are right , this credit thing takes lots of patience. But well worth it in the end !
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This truly is the type of question that causes ppl to pool hair out....

We humans 'see' the scores differently than they truly are....we intellectually 'say' we get that the model has no memory

yet we speak in terms of going up or down on a monthly basis.

We score is calculated at that moment each time brand new w/o regard for the last score ...it is us, humans that compare.

as such we set ourselves up for frustration in why this or that 3-5 points did or didn't happen....

as long as we understand that we must speak in terms of tends over time we're good anymore specific, we have problems.

This model is outside all other numbers and scoring we're used to ...ie report cards in school, evaluations at work ...this model is totally different

and has no easy real life comparsion benchmark....we try but none exist

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.