cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much to offer for settlement?

tag
probation1984

How much to offer for settlement?

Idealy, I would like to offer a PFD for these wo charge-offs so they were gone completely, however I do not see either of the places agreeing to that unless I pay the entire debt in full (which I can't afford at the moment.) The two charge offs read as follow:

1: CAP1/BSTBY: Opened 11/08 - Last Active 06/11 - Reported 08/12

High Limit 1,900 - HIgh Balance 3,802 - Revolve (R9) Charge

Reported as a (Profit & Loss) with a Balance of 3,802 (bought a TV from best buy for 1800 dollars and had this paid down around a 1000 and now the balance is this after having financial difficulties and not being able to continue to pay.)

Account closed by credit grantor 08/11; canceled by credit grantor.

2: HSBC/SUZUKI: Opened 10/05 - Last Active 02/11 - Reported 12/11

High Balance 6,011 - High Limit 3,605 - Revolve (R9) Charge

Reported as a (Pofit & Loss) with Balance of 2,331

Account closed by credit grantor 01/10; canceled by credit grantor.

This HSBC/SUZUKI is also being reported by a collection agency as follows:

3: LHR INC: Opened 07/12 - Last Active 09/12 - Reported 09/12

High Balance 2,332 - High Limit Unknown

Has HSBC listed as OC and says under the "payment" box Collection, with a balance of 2,449

My questions are first, how should I handle the HSBC and LHR account (which is the same). Should I be dealing with the OC or the Collection agency since they are both still reporting on my FICO credit report? Also, I'm guessing neither of these 2 charge-offs places will do a PFD because I cant offer the full dbt payment in return at this time. If I settled (which is what my mortgage loan guy told me to do so I could get my loan approved) how much of a settlement off should I do for each charge-off? Any suggestions or help would be of great help. Thanks!!

Current FICO Scores - TU 645, EX 632, EQ 617

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: How much to offer for settlement?

Id start with 20%. If that's the course ypu choose. start with something you can handle and see if they counteroffer with something reasonable.
Message 2 of 3
probation1984

Re: How much to offer for settlement?

Also, is the HSBC/SUZUKI and LHR accounts, considered duplicate reporting?" Or are they both allowed to report that way on my credit report?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.