cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will it help when these accounts fall off my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much will it help when these accounts fall off my credit?

I have some baddies set to fall off and was interested if they are really dragging my account down anymore.

Experian:

I have two charge offs

1100-fall of date of 7/15

2100-fall off date of 9/15

these two accounts also have collection company (Midland of course) with the same fall off date.  The collections update every month. One is 4143 (this one shows multiple lates) and the other is now 2700.

I also have a repo that will fall off 7/15

Equifax:

They carry the same card debt and the $4143 Midland account. (Shows late payments)

Also Carries the repo

Transunion:

They only carry the two credit cards.

They removed the repo through EE request.

How much are these still impacting my score when they are this old?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much will it help when these accounts fall off my credit?

Big laugh. Credit.com shows almost a 750 score with that information.

IdentityGuard shows 645EQ/655TU/668EX

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have a happy Christmas! Especially if you have other accounts with good on time payments.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking that I would continue to try the Early Exclusion approach to remove the items early.  Would it make enough difference in my scores to try to get these off my reports now?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any negative that reports monthly will have an impact. TU is good for about 6 months out on early exclusion, the others are about 3. it wouldn't hurt to ask. YMMV. Good luck. 

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking that I would continue to try the Early Exclusion approach to remove the items early.  Would it make enough difference in my scores to try to get these off my reports now?

Any derog CA or COed account thats updating monthly appears to be brand new in the eyes of FIco so your score would be receiving the maximum ding for these TLs. Getting them removed would be a high priority, you could also attempt the PFD if you want to pay them off.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I approached Midland a number of times, and they have never been willing to work with me.

Both of these accounts are scheduled to fall off with the Capital One accounts they represent in August and October anyway.

Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I approached Midland a number of times, and they have never been willing to work with me.

Both of these accounts are scheduled to fall off with the Capital One accounts they represent in August and October anyway.

Then I would just let them drop as you are going to do, once they are off your CRs and they are past states SOL then officially become "Zombies" and you could offer to settle at that point for no more than 20%, it would not affect your credit as it cannot be reaged. They can still attempt to collect forever...

Adding: You could also send them a C&D when they become Zombies if you dont want to hear from them, this would force them to either sell it to another JDB or write it off.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.