cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will removing 3 derogatory marks from my report boost my score?

tag
itswhatilivefor

How much will removing 3 derogatory marks from my report boost my score?

Right now I'm around 625 from all 3 Credit Bureaus, part of which is because my utilization is high but I just paid off all my balances and the MyFICO simulator indicates that I'll be around 650 once that is noted. 

I have 3 derogatory marks on my credit right now. Once is a charged off Capital One account for $419, I just paid the account and it is currently being changed to PIF, but for now will remain on my credit report (I plan to send GW letters contantly until they agree to remove it). 

The other two things are an $838 charge from a DirecTV account I had years back (roomates kinda screwed my on this) being collected by First National Collection Bureau, and a $190 charge form Progressive Insurance being collected by Credit Collection Services. Through the help of this board, I was able to negotiate PFD with each of them and within 30 days those are supposed to completely drop off my credit report. How far can I realistically expect my score to jump as a result of this? The only other negative remarks on my credit are that my average age of accounts is low, and I have a lot of inquiries lately, is jumping 50 points up to 700 a pipe dream or is it pretty likely?

EQ - 620 | TU - 630 | EX - 627
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much will removing 3 derogatory marks from my report boost my score?

Really impossible to say how much you might see.

Paying the Cap One charge off will probably help the most as that will allow you to maximize your utilization. You don't want ALL of your revolving balances at $0 though, let one report a small balance of under 10% of its limit.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.