Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will score change?

tag
kleahc
New Contributor

How much will score change?

Hi, everyone. Please look into your collective crystal balls, and make a prediction for me?

I have a 633 (MyFico.com) under 9% util, and six baddies on the report: (ALL ARE MEDICAL COLLECTIONS)

2 from 2008 (Paid in full)

1 from 2008 (UNPAID)

2 from 2011 (Paid in full- will not delete unless I pay the 1 from 2008)

1 from 2011 (Paid in full- will not delete no matter how hard I try.)

So the company that holds the 2 paid-in-fulls from 2008 is now agreeing to delete (yay!)

How much of a bump might that give me? I know I will know in 45 days, but I am interested in a little prediction. Help me out?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
polno1234
Contributor

Re: How much will score change?

you may see a drop initially because youre AAOA went down. with the other CO accounts still reporting i wouldn't expect much if it does go up. how EXACTLY did you pay the accounts from 2011. cash, personal check, debit card, it matters because if you paid with cash, a bank certified cashiers check or bank money order you should still be able to get them deleted with whychats hippa

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 2 of 7
kleahc
New Contributor

Thanks for the help! I used my debit card to pay the other two paid-in-fulls. I am not 100% clear on how the HIPPAA laws work in this respect.

I was unaware that AAOA took into account medical collections since there was never any credit or account established. Seriously? That is a little messed up. I have much to learn! Still, I am celebrating getting the 2 from 2008 OFF my CR!

Message 3 of 7
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@polno1234 wrote:

you may see a drop initially because youre AAOA went down. with the other CO accounts still reporting i wouldn't expect much if it does go up. how EXACTLY did you pay the accounts from 2011. cash, personal check, debit card, it matters because if you paid with cash, a bank certified cashiers check or bank money order you should still be able to get them deleted with whychats hippa

That is a common misconception. AAoA only applies to Original Creditors, not Collections. Regardless, the effects of the negative listing being removed far outweighs any other concerns in regards to that account. There will be a slight increase in your score, but hey, take what you can get!

OP, what's hurting you the most is the most recent accounts in collections, thats why you won't see a large increase. Those new collections are suppressing any significant increase.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 4 of 7
polno1234
Contributor

thanks aerokix. i remember reading that somewhere about OC and AAOA. i do remember seeing a small five point drop when a new CA reaged an old account. it could be attributed to something else in my situtation my score was low 500's anyways so it didnt matter to me to try and determine where the drop came from. as far as hippa goes im not altogether positive in the whole way it works but i dont think it would hurt in your case to try it anyways since it is paid in full. i would definately follow whychats hippa for the unpaid one if you want it gone. maybe robert will chime in here. he is a master at the legal aspects of things.

Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 5 of 7
polno1234
Contributor

i stand corrected refer to post " should i try now or wait"

with that being said some have had success with this process but as with any "loophole" there is some chance of recourse from ca. proceed at own risk. good luck

Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 6 of 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

1 point.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.