Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often are credit scores updated???

tag
kpresod
Regular Contributor

How often are credit scores updated???

Is it on a monthly basis? only when you apply for credit? daily? what is the exact/approximated time, one's credit score would be updated?Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: How often are credit scores updated???

A credit score is simply a calculation based on a snapshot of your credit report at the point in time that the score is pulled.

However some credit monitoring services will only give you one free score per month, they like you to purchase scores....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

i have found that they update regularly, i signed up for all three agencys, and am checking daily, they have changed 3 times this month alone, all up, thank goodness.

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Your scores change, either up or down, as information is updated on your reports, or as accounts on your report continue to age each month.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response. I'm asking because in this month alone my EQ 28+ pts, TU 53+pts, and EX 19+. All of this is a bit shocking, I'm not sure if it's because I'm an AU on my mother's AMEX Blue Sky, Citi Platinum and she has low balances and make payments on time, and I've got Cap 1 Secured $1000CL, and BofA Secured $300CL. 

Message 5 of 6
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Yes I agree with dalasdon and pizzadude, I bought all three of my scores only 3 weeks ago, and with Equifax I set up alerts to my phone and I have had 4 alerts already stating that my score has changed and my report has been updated, all good news thank goodness.

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.