Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does myfico update???

tag
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

How often does myfico update???

We have 2 CA that agreed to delete after we PIF and they said it would be done last week, however we haven't been notified of any change via alert on myfico. We also opened up a 1st Premier CC which I have already paid off as well as a Credit One Card. Does anyone know how often myfico updates???

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often does myfico update???

Have you purchased one of the myFICO credit monitoring products? If so, which one?

Message 2 of 11
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

Sorry if I wasn't more clear. Yes I purchased the score watch alert from myfico.

Message 3 of 11
mauve
Valued Contributor

I have that, too - I didn't get alerts when things went away on my credit report.  I had 3 TLs for one credit card (it had been with 3 banks) delete as well as a collection being listed as an old, bad account.  I only saw a difference when I quit my free trial and re-subscribed - it was that way on my new report.

Score alerts are every 7-10 days and the notes on those should mention things that are different.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@mauve wrote:

I have that, too - I didn't get alerts when things went away on my credit report.  I had 3 TLs for one credit card (it had been with 3 banks) delete as well as a collection being listed as an old, bad account.  I only saw a difference when I quit my free trial and re-subscribed - it was that way on my new report.

Score alerts are every 7-10 days and the notes on those should mention things that are different.

Responding here and to the OP....

SW won't alert you to missing or dropped baddies. I wish it would, though. It only monitors for added TLs, baddies, etc.

Every 7-10 days, SW will monitor your EQ FICO for any score changes. When I first subscribed to SW in the beginning, I looked at the "Target Score" as a goal score so I set it to 700+ in hopes of one day getting that magical alert. Well, your FICO score is monitored based on that Target Score. So, if that Target Score is set below your current FICO score,  then you won't receive any score alerts for as long as your score increases beyond that target score. If it is set too high, like in my example, you may not receive any score alerts until you hit that target.

The best practice is to pull your EQ FICO and IMMEDIATELY go into your settings to make sure your target score is set to equal your current score (as of that moment). That way, if your score increases or decreases, you'll get alerted. Now once you get an alert, then again IMMEDIATELY reset your target score to match whatever score is listed within the SW graph. Lather, rinse, repeat. If any FICO admins are reading this, it would be great to have the option to automatically update the target score whenever it changes.

BTW, there's a couple of things that may impact whether or not you get a SW score alert. I mentioned one with the target score. Another is that whenever you pull a EQ FICO report from myFICO, you automatically void out any pending SW score alerts (well, any alerts I think) if that report reflects information relating to that would-be alert. So, if your score went up 100 points today, and within the next 7-10 days you'll get a SW alert, that alert will never come if you pull a new EQ FICO report anytime prior to receiving the alert. I'm guilty of not receiving alerts because I subscribe to a CMS. Whenever I see a change on EQ I rush and purchase a new EQ FICO thereby voiding out the upcoming alert.

Another source of error has to do with perception of whether or not your score would even change. I started off with 7+ CAs reporting and a herd of COs, and only one positive TL. My score started in the low 500s and I did some math in my head. I was thinking that my score should be 850 and therefore I had at least 300 points to gain if I removed all of my baddies. So, I figured I had about 10+ major derogs, therefore I should get at least 20-30 points for each and if I remove all, I'll hit 850. I know now that it doesn't work that way, but when my first CA fell off within a week or two of starting repair, my score didn't budge. Then a CO fell off and my score dropped for a slight time (due to the history + AAoA). I had to realize that removing baddies doesn't always result in a gain.

Message 5 of 11
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

So with that being said is there a better credit monitoring company that monitors more often than myfico?

Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@FSUGAPEACH78 wrote:

So with that being said is there a better credit monitoring company that monitors more often than myfico?

Unfortunately SW is the only product that monitors FICO scores on a frequent basis. IME, for me anyway, I subscribe to SW, pull my FICO reports on a regular basis, and I subscribe to a CMS that allows for daily pulls on all 3 reports. As I see changes from the CMS, I'll then go back to myFICO and pull the corresponding FICO report.

Message 7 of 11
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

Okay weird!! I just got a sw alert as we were "speaking". LOL!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
mauve
Valued Contributor

and....are you going to leave us hanging?  *protest*

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

My EQ score went up a whole whooping 1 point Smiley Sad due to my new Credit One card posting.

What' s even more strange is DH also had a SW alert with yesterday's date and his score went down to 563 Smiley Sad, but than I purchased today's score and it was 581 Smiley Very Happy The reason for the score decrease was that a tradeline was posted from 1 category to another?? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Neverthless, I am super happy that we are seeing improvement. Home ownership is 1 year away and we are working hard to meet that goal.

Is someone seriously playing with my head today! This mess is stressing me out!! LOL!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.