Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often is FICO score updated?

tag
nothingbutcake
Established Member

How often is FICO score updated?

Whenever I get my credit reports it is still showing my credit card balances from November. I have since paid down my cards and was hoping to see what my updated credit score on myFICO was but it's still outdated. When will my updated score be posted?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often is FICO score updated?

I don't use myFico for scores or alerts, so I can't answer specific questions about their product.

What I can say is that on my reports I have some months in the past that report with ND or No data.  Possibly something like this is going on.  Also, I think some accounts, if you have a zero balance and no use at all for themonth, will actually not report!?  

Hopefully other more experienced members will chime in on this one.

Best of luck.  Keep us posted!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nothingbutcake wrote:

Whenever I get my credit reports it is still showing my credit card balances from November. I have since paid down my cards and was hoping to see what my updated credit score on myFICO was but it's still outdated. When will my updated score be posted?

I am guessing that you have the myFICO Ultimate 3B credit monitoring tool.  It is described here:

https://www1.myfico.com/products/fico-credit-monitoring

You'll see that you can pay $30/month for it, in which case you get your reports updated quarterly, which means every 90 days.  In that event, it wouldn't be surprising for your reports not to have been updated since November.

If you are paying $40/month for it, when you should have had your myFICO Ultimate reports updated by now.

Message 3 of 5
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

@nothingbutcake wrote:

First, what type of reports are you getting?  You mention myFICO, and multiple reports since NOV, so I'm going to guess you see something like this?

reports.png

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once the CRA has updated information in your credit file, then the issue becomes when the scoring algorithm was actually executed to produce the score.  Any score that is run after the file is updated will include the current file contents.

However, even a credit report that is obtained after a correction is posted to your credit file by the CRA may not include that corrected info.

Commerical scores may have been run some time ago on the previous file contents, or the scorer, if they are licensed by Fair Isaac and thus possess a copy of the scoring algorithm, may have run the score from an uncorrected credit file.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.