cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often should I pull my CR from myfico when rebuilding?

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: How often should I pull my CR from myfico when rebuilding?

I'll agree with Marine.

I pull them once every quarter at a point in time where I know I am facing my best "conditions". A lot of people like to monitor the score with each deletion or change in utilization, but you stated $ as a concern, so honestly, I'd do it periodically, like once per quarter in order to keep a better track on it.

I pulled my own EQ in February, and then had Discover pull it at the end of the month. I won't be pulling it again til the end of June and then again in September/October.

I would be pulling them a little more aggressively if I was eyeing something in a few months, a major purchase and I needed higher scores, but that's hypothetically speaking.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

I'll agree with Marine.

I pull them once every quarter at a point in time where I know I am facing my best "conditions". A lot of people like to monitor the score with each deletion or change in utilization, but you stated $ as a concern, so honestly, I'd do it periodically, like once per quarter in order to keep a better track on it.

I pulled my own EQ in February, and then had Discover pull it at the end of the month. I won't be pulling it again til the end of June and then again in September/October.

I would be pulling them a little more aggressively if I was eyeing something in a few months, a major purchase and I needed higher scores, but that's hypothetically speaking.

Thanks! That's exactly my situation. I'm looking to be approved for a FHA mortgage loan asap. I can afford to purchase the scores but I'd rather not waste the $ if it's not going to do any good (instead that $ can go toward my downpayment).

Message 12 of 16
rx30

May I ask what you were doing to see those increases? Im asking becuase I have been in the process of paying down all CC balances and getting baddies removed for the past 2 months.  So far I have 6 cards with a zeo balance and 2 cards under 30% util and 2 over 70%.  I have not seen any increase with my fico score.  Im just looking for some advice. Thanks

Message 13 of 16
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

I guess it depends. I'm pulling ours pretty obsessively since I'm on a deadline of sorts for buying a house over the summer.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rx30 wrote:

May I ask what you were doing to see those increases? Im asking becuase I have been in the process of paying down all CC balances and getting baddies removed for the past 2 months.  So far I have 6 cards with a zeo balance and 2 cards under 30% util and 2 over 70%.  I have not seen any increase with my fico score.  Im just looking for some advice. Thanks

This is what I started with:

1. 2 CA PIF - I didn't know you could negotiate a PFD at that time.

2. A recent CO

3. A CapOne CC with recent late payment and high utilization (74%)

This is what has happened to raise my score so far:

1. I sent GW letters and made phone calls to both CAs. One has been deleted. I just received a letter today confirming the other one would be deleted also.

2. Brought my utilization to just under 3% for my CapOne CC. I also sent GW letters and called to have the lates deleted. I got a verbal agreement on the phone and the CSR said I should receive the letter in 2 weeks (by next week since that was last week).

3. PIF the CO (#2 above)

This is what I'm still waiting on:

1. The remaining CA to be deleted.

2. The CapOne lates to be deleted.

3. A response from my GW letters to WFNNB. I've called and spoken to 2 different CSRs but to no avail so far. (No worries. I'm not giving up.)

I'll be curious to see what my scores are once the the two that have been agreed upon are deleted but I'm not sure how long it's going to take.

Edit: #2 in what I started with and # what I've done so far

Hope that helps!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Familywantsahouse wrote:

I guess it depends. I'm pulling ours pretty obsessively since I'm on a deadline of sorts for buying a house over the summer.

Yeha, I broke down and pulled them since I'm in a similar situation (want to buy a house in the near future) and had those changes occur that I mentioned above Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.