cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often should I pull my CR from myfico when rebuilding?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often should I pull my CR from myfico when rebuilding?

I have USAA's Credit Check Monitoring but am wondering how often I should pull my FICO scores and reports while I'm in the middle of the rebuilding process? I can be patient but am very curious but also don't want to spend a lot of $ unnecessarily...

TIA!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often should I pull my CR from myfico when rebuilding?

I am in the same boat using USAA, rebuilding.

When you are pulling your scores where are you pulling/buying them?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay for MyFico score watch which updates me (I've been told it's weekly) as my credit score changes (because of the settings I have that say to alert me if it just goes up one point) - and updates me daily with critical changes to my EQ report.  I ALSO pay for the Equifax Family plan so I can look at credit reports from EQ daily for both DH and me AND pay for Transunion's credit monitoring service so I can look at my TU report DAILY. I pay for MyCreditInform through Capital One for monthly updates on my EX report and have TU08 updating monthly through my Wal-Mart account and also look at Quizzle (monthly) and Credit Karma (daily) and both of these are free - Credit Karma is TU and Quizzle is EX. I think I am a bit compulsive after reading this but this is my daily practice and since I started being compulsive in December I've seen my FICO go from 500 to almost 600 and my TU08 go from mid 500s to 625 and hoping for another jump after April's reporting is completed and hoping for above 600! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I pay for MyFico score watch which updates me (I've been told it's weekly) as my credit score changes (because of the settings I have that say to alert me if it just goes up one point) - and updates me daily with critical changes to my EQ report.  I ALSO pay for the Equifax Family plan so I can look at credit reports from EQ daily for both DH and me AND pay for Transunion's credit monitoring service so I can look at my TU report DAILY. I pay for MyCreditInform through Capital One for monthly updates on my EX report and have TU08 updating monthly through my Wal-Mart account and also look at Quizzle (monthly) and Credit Karma (daily) and both of these are free - Credit Karma is TU and Quizzle is EX. I think I am a bit compulsive after reading this but this is my daily practice and since I started being compulsive in December I've seen my FICO go from 500 to almost 600 and my TU08 go from mid 500s to 625 and hoping for another jump after April's reporting is completed and hoping for above 600! Smiley Happy

Thank you! I've registered with Credit Karma but haven't checked since the first time. I'll do that today. I also pay for the SW but will have to change my alert settings. Good luck with the April score change! I'm hoping that I see the same thing. My understanding is that the CRA update by the 9th of each month. So, keeping my fingers crossed!

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the same boat using USAA, rebuilding.

When you are pulling your scores where are you pulling/buying them?

I haven't pulled my FICOs since signing up for SW. I'm just monitoring my CRs daily with the USAA's credit check monitoring. I'll probably pull them again when I see some significant change on my CR which I think I have (a CA isn't showing up anymore) which is one of the reasons I was asking about pulling the FICO scores and reports.

Message 5 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have USAA's Credit Check Monitoring but am wondering how often I should pull my FICO scores and reports while I'm in the middle of the rebuilding process? I can be patient but am very curious but also don't want to spend a lot of $ unnecessarily...

TIA!

I would advise not concerning yourself so much with pulling scores right now as repair and rebuilding. You probably need a CMS to track your reports and progress and if you keep doing all the right things, i.e.(1) paying on time every time, (2) getting inaccurate information removed from your reports, (3) having as many negative items deleted early as possible your scores will take care of themselves.

I'm not saying you don't need to know your scores on occasion but it's gets expensive so perhaps once a quarter IMO is quite enough. But that's just me.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TIA!

I would advise not concerning yourself so much with pulling scores right now as repair and rebuilding. You probably need a CMS to track your reports and progress and if you keep doing all the right things, i.e.(1) paying on time every time, (2) getting inaccurate information removed from your reports, (3) having as many negative items deleted early as possible your scores will take care of themselves.

I'm not saying you don't need to know your scores on occasion but it's gets expensive so perhaps once a quarter IMO is quite enough. But that's just me.

Thank you. I actually wasn't going to pull my FICO scores until sometime in May. But did notice some changes in my reports on the USAA CMS. So, I guess I was wondering more if it's worth it to pull my CR to check to see if the same changes were on the myfico reports. Does that make sense?

Message 7 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. I actually wasn't going to pull my FICO scores until sometime in May. But did notice some changes in my reports on the USAA CMS. So, I guess I was wondering more if it's worth it to pull my CR to check to see if the same changes were on the myfico reports. Does that make sense?

Yes it makes sense but any monitoring service that has accurate information will give you all you need to know. No reason to pull a score from here if you don't need it.

But this is only one man's opinion. You have to do what makes you feel most comfortable and what you think will work best for your situation.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it makes sense but any monitoring service that has accurate information will give you all you need to know. No reason to pull a score from here if you don't need it.

But this is only one man's opinion. You have to do what makes you feel most comfortable and what you think will work best for your situation.

Well, you've given me good advice thus far. So, I'm going to trust your opinion. And my gut is agreeing with you!

Message 9 of 16
wmcodywilson
New Contributor

I got Credit Inform free with my capital one card (secured). 

Starting Score: EQ 489 1/2012 TU 493 1/2012
Current Score: EQ 547 5/2012 TU 562 5/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.