cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often should I pull my credit scores?

tag
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

How often should I pull my credit scores?

Just wondering...I read that some of you pull often and some every 6 months to 1 year, will it hurt me to pull them all every month?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often should I pull my credit scores?

I should do wish if somebody can come in here and answer this question.. I'm curious too.   Also is there anywhere else I can pull all three reports for free?  I heard true credit (although not free) is a good side, right?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are requesting your reports directly from the bureaus or myfico it won't hurt your score at all.

You can check your score as often as you'd like. Some members on here check often because they are repairing their credit and would like to see the changes frequently.

Message 3 of 8
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

msloryn-

Thanks for answering, now that I've joined the forums I would also like to start repairing. Is there a way to get all 3 scores TRULY for free? I've had to pay for both  the TU, and EX. I have yet to order Experian.

Message 4 of 8
jackg
Established Contributor

virgoprincess,

You asked how often should you pull your credit reports, right? You are'nt talking about FICO scores!

The answer is dependent on your individual needs. If you are doing a lot of disputing the CRA will let you know the outcomes. Do you subscribe to a credit monitoring service such as True Credit or Equifax Gold Watch. The EQ product lets you pull unlimited (every 24 hours) credit reports for $9.95/mo.

Pulling your own reports has no effect on your scores.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't any way to get your FICO score for free. However, you can google Fico Discount Codes and get a couple dollars off.

Also, Experian stopped providing FICO scores earlier this year. If you do buy a score from them it is a "FAKO". Most member on here are satisfied with obtaining their EQ and TU scores. IMHO, as long as you have your Experian report, you don't need their score.

Before you start repairing be sure to Opt-Out (so your info isn't sold to collectors lurking out there).

You can read up on all information I listed in "Frequently Requested Threads" and "What steps should I take...".

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have pulled mine twice in August. It's kind of addicting, actually lol.

But since I don't have the monitoring, I have to pay each time I pull, so I am going to try to limit it to once a month, maybe on the 15th of each month, or rotate and do TU on the 1st, EQ on the 15th, etc.

Message 7 of 8
ArmyStrong
Frequent Contributor

I'm gonna go with the 1st and the 15th of every month.
TU: 556 12/12/08 ~ EQ: 509 12/12/08 ~ EX: 509 12/12/08
TU: 588 8/7/09 ~ EQ: 529 7/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (509 12/12/08)
TU: 619 9/01/09 ~ EQ: 608 9/01/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 626 9/30/09 ~ EQ: 624 9/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL EQ: 624 10/7/09 LO PULL EX: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.