Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How quick can I get to 700?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How quick can I get to 700?

@Anonymous wrote:
Every negative item was removed. I won't say how.

The Cap One Secured was the first card I applied for post discharge. I was denied. It was only the day after discharge though. There was still a lot of junk on my reports and my score was only 540. Its 642 now.

I did burn Cap 1 in my first bk, and I counter sued them after that, ending with a settlement favorable to me. So, maybe im on their list.

Neither the open sky or first premier card required hard credit pulls. The cap one secured did leave a hard pull on my report.

You won't say how..?

I thought this forum was to get advice and give..

Now I'm kinda curious & skeptical as well

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Mod Cut-The disputing of valid credit info and the methods to remove such are not to be discussed on myFico it is against the TOS)

My next steps are to stay in gardening mode until June 2016. At that time I'll apply for a Barclay Rewards Mastercard, and another Capitol One Card, then go back into gardening mode for another six months.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My next steps are to stay in gardening mode until June 2016. At that time I'll apply for a Barclay Rewards Mastercard, and another Capitol One Card, then go back into gardening mode for another six months.

Make sure you request CLI's on the Cap One cards after the third statement and get the Platinum Card upgraded to QS Rewards. Were you approved for the QS or the QS1?

Message 13 of 30
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

(Mod Cut)

You are not allowed to talk about that here.  You will be censored.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had legitimate reasons to dispute all of my discharged debts, so yeah, I can talk about that here. (Mod Cut-This isnt FSR)

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok - with all those cards - keep ALL paid to $0 except ONE - let one card report at less than 10% for optimal scoring!

Otherwise - you are looking pretty good!

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the Quicksilver one. Will Capital One do a hard inquiry if I ask for a limit increase after 3 statements?

Wouldnt it be better to wait for the automatic bump after 5 statements?

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the Quicksilver one. Will Capital One do a hard inquiry if I ask for a limit increase after 3 statements?

Wouldnt it be better to wait for the automatic bump after 5 statements?

Its a soft pull - I just did it - went from $500 to $1500.   Also just contacted them and upgraded Plat to QS rewards - so now ALL my cards have some sort of cashback.   Which makes me very happy.   Easy to rotate monthly expenses around that way - and in another couple weeks - I'll try for CLI on that one too!

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO score dropped from 642 to 639 due to the hard inquiries from Capital One and Discover. Today I checked my report and the Discover was on there, but the two Capital One cards were not. My score jumped to 680. Six months post-filing, and 3 months post discharge, I'm at 680. My score in January, 2015 was 450!!!

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My FICO score dropped from 642 to 639 due to the hard inquiries from Capital One and Discover. Today I checked my report and the Discover was on there, but the two Capital One cards were not. My score jumped to 680. Six months post-filing, and 3 months post discharge, I'm at 680. My score in January, 2015 was 450!!!

If it was the inquiries, your score would have dropped immediately after the application was submitted. More likely the drop is for a new account/AAoA change.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.