cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How quickly should I see a jump or even maybe a CLI?

tag
reereetx
Contributor

How quickly should I see a jump or even maybe a CLI?

I finally after several months of working on credit score (EQ was 543 in June and now 629) and paying off some personal loans, have money to pay off my 2 credit cards in FULL (Credit One and Orchard/HSBC).  Should I "expect" to receive a CLI from either card and if so....how soon after Paying In Full?  I rec'd a CLI from Credit One just a couple of months ago (only $75 but I wasn't going to gripe), especially since I had a high balance at the time.  Also, how soon should I see score jumps?  I know my Credit One statement goes through the 15th of each month so chances are they are reporting my balance as of yesterday which was high....but I have my payment set up already to PIF on Friday.  Orchard I have no clue.  I believe I have heard they report on the 30th so hopefully they will report a $0 balance!!!!  I just want to get to 700 soon!  I have one collection on my report I'm still disputing....but I just had 3 deleted!  I'm also still going to GW a 30-day late on a personal loan that was in July 2008.  I've sent 2 GW's already to no avail.  I'll keep sending though!  Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How quickly should I see a jump or even maybe a CLI?

The rep I spoke with at household told me accounts in good standing were eligible for CLI's at 6 month intervals. I havent had mine that long but I am going to ask for CLI after I pay my sixth statement. I have heard the same for Credit One which I also have but havent had for 6 months so am waiting there to. If anyone has any actual experiences that they can ad...
Message 2 of 4
reereetx
Contributor

Well that is interesting you were told that.  I never did call and even inquire about a CLI and I have had the card for at least a year with no lates, just went over limit a couple of times. 

I just always thought I'd see a cli automatically when I paid in full.  If I don't receive an automatic CLI, I will call and request one, I should be able to with a $0 balance and no lates.  I just wonder how long I should give it for an automatic CLI?  A week, 2 weeks?  Or should I just call as soon as my payment posts?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wont say they dont but I dont recall ever hearing anyone mention these household cards getting auto CLI's but most people that call every 6 months seem to get them. I would give it a shot if you have head it for a year as long as there are no lates.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.