cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I deal with Jefferson Capital Systems?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I deal with Jefferson Capital Systems?

Good afternoon,

I opened an account with Verizon Wireless soon after graduating boot camp in 2013. Sometime in 2014, I believe, I terminated the contract in a Verizon store and was told I would receive a bill to pay the cancellation fee ($291). I never received one.

- I attempted to log on to the Verizon website but was denied access because the account had been closed.

- I called but had no luck finding anything, especially with their automated phone system.

- I went to a local Verizon store to see what could be done but the sales clerk couldn't find anything on me.

After these attempts, I simply forgot about it and carried on with my life. Due to personal/family issues I had been neglecting my finances and didn't monitor my credit report. Now that I've made it one of my priorities, I noticed that Jefferson Capital Systems appeared in my credit report on December, 2016. I don't have access to any mail because I've always listed my home of record since I don't have a permanent address. I have no idea whether or not they attempted to contact me via mail.

I'm in my early 20's and my current credit report reads 699-700. The only derogatory entry in my credit report is from JCS. I'm unsure as to how to deal with them because I have never dealt with anything similar. I'm open to paying off the debt with the hopes of it being removed. Should I try to negotiate the amount? Should I call or mail them? What should I tell them?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How should I deal with Jefferson Capital Systems?

go ahead in pay them in full. If you try to get something financed through a credit union or bank, they can deny you for unpaid collection especially being from an old phone bill.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.