Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I handle this???

tag
nursekb
Valued Member

How should I handle this???

Ok here is the deal. I received a CA letter a couple of months ago for an amt I knew I owed of $57.00. I did not want them to report on my CR so I sent a letter along with a cashiers check for the full amount in exchange not to report  and this account would be done with. I sent all of this CMRRR in the letter I told them that I would need a letter of confirmation stating this account was closed once they got the funds. Well Time has passed about 30 days and I had not yet received my letter from them stating this account was closed . I did receive another letter for this same amt from a different CA. I called the first CA today to see what was going on and why I had not received a confirmation letter stating this account was closed. I told the lady I had copies of everything and gave her the name of the person who signed for the items. She stated that nothing had posted and that the people who took in payments  had already left for the day. She spoke to her supervisor and they stated first thing Monday am they would investigate and see why the check was not posted to the account. ( iknow I shouldd have sent the letter first before sending the funds)

In the meantime what should I do with this letter from this new CA?  I do not have time to be playing games??

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: How should I handle this???

Hi nursekb,

i believe you should have DV'd them first before doing a PFD, this always give them the burden of proving you owe this debt, even if you already know you owe it.

Do you know what the DOFD is and SOL for this account?

Send a DV letter to the new CA!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Dont feel bad sending the funds with the letter, just chalk it up to lesson learned.Smiley Wink

Have you contacted the OC, to make sure they sold the account?  maybe they just assigned it to a CA.

Also check the money order company, to make sure the funds wasnt cashed yet.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
nursekb
Valued Member

No I have not contacted the OC. I will try to contact tomorrow and also see if the cashiers check has been cashed.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

All you apparently have are dunning letters from CA1 and CA2, with no postings to your CR?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.