Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I proceed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I proceed?

I just found these forums and I need some advice on what would be the best way to proceed. in the last year or so a collection showed up on my credit report. I managed to get it deleted from EQ. I ended up paying the OC the amount of the bill, (a bill that I knew absolutely nothing about, I never recieved a bill nor did I sign a consent form nor did I take responsibility for payment. My 18 (19 is age of majority) yr old son at the time visited an emergency room and filled out all paperwork). Seems like the bills were sent to my old address from 5 years previous. I even went so far as submitting everything to my insurance but the claim was denied because it was past the time period to submit claims. I made arrangements with the OC and paid off the bill. Well it is still sitting in collections. The collection agency wants an additional 165.00 for a PFD which I can't get in writing,(they want me to take their word for it) and the OC refuses to bring it back from collections because they say they sent bills. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as what steps I should take. The collection has been on my reports for almost 2 years. Should I leave it alone or should I try to do a PFD in writing for less money. I have a statement from the OC showing a $0.00 balance.

Message Edited by brightspot on 05-08-2008 12:31 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How should I proceed?

google "whychat hipaa" and see if you can gather any information from it. I haven't read it much.

Have you DV'd the CA? Is the CA reporting paid or unpaid on your CR?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How should I proceed?

I did DV the CA when I saw it but never got a response. No I didn't do Return Receipt, I didn't know that was the proper way. It is still showing as unpaid. I will goodle what you suggested and do some reading. As far as a DV, I was planning on doing that again, but wasn't sure if I should DV the whole amount or just the balance that they say I still owe which is nothing but their collection fees, for not collecting a penny from me. I dealt with the OC.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.