Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I proceed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I proceed?

I have been working on my credit for a few months now because my husband and I are trying to buy a house. So far I have PFD'd one medical collection and have sent a PFD request to IC Systems for a $375 collection for PG&E. I have three more collections on my account. Two of them are over 4 years old but last year the companies appear to have "renewed" the information and the reported date has changed to 2015.

One is Ability Recovery Services for Ashworth College for $1101 (from 2012).

The other two are both for Diversified for Sprint for $1029 (this is from 2012) and Dish Network (from 2016). I have been searching the forums about PFDs for these two companies and it appears it usually never happens. I'm thinking that maybe they may be more apt to go for this offer considering that the debt is almost 5-years-old now. Thing is, should I hit them with a 50% settlement for PFD considering the age of the debt?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How should I proceed?

Acceptance of a PFD is usually difficult in and of itself.

Adding an additional concession on their part to also accept less than full payment will likely lessen the chance of acceptance.

If credit report deletion is you main goal, then you might wish to reconsider also seeking a settlement for less.........

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.