cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I processed when I have a judgement default hearing?

tag
js0319
Established Contributor

How should I processed when I have a judgement default hearing?

I have a judgement from Citi bank and the date it was filed was in 1/23/2009. They have tried to get a hold of me but of course I don't have any money to pay. I really don't know what to do. These are some of the questions I would like to know and any help would be great. 

Do I need a lawyer at the hearing?

What should I bring to the hearing?

Is there anything I should know before I go. 

If you have been through this please help me with any advice. Thank you.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How should I processed when I have a judgement default hearing?

Do you mean you already have a  judgement, and have another action pending against you by the credtior to collect on the judgement, or is this an original action by the creditor seeking a judgment?

If the hearing is with regard to an action brought by them seeking a court order for satisfaction of the judgment, I would certainly seek legal representation.

They are most likley seeking to attach property or wages.  You need evidence of your current financial situation, showing the judge your ability to pay.

What have you paid to date?  Do you have any signed agreements with the credtor that you have not fulfilled?

They are going to dig into your finances.  Most likely, the hearing will lead to an order by the judge for you to submit a financial accounting to the court.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.