falcon7xx

How should i get rid of old Medical Bills

Back in 2008 and 2009 i had to go to the hospital twice. I received 2 bills from the ER and never paid them because i was in college and they came to my home address and my mom must have thrown them out. They both went to a local CA agency that called me and i paid them right away. What would be the best way to get rid of them now? Should I call the CA and see if they will delete or write them a GW?

LIGHTNIN

Re: How should i get rid of old Medical Bills

Welcome to the forumswaving hi.gif

I had the best luck with 2 small local CA's,  1 agreed to delete a Paid debt. The other CA agreed to a PFD.

There's no really best way, because what works for one CA, doesn't work for another CA.

Try as many way of communication as possible.

Try a short & sweet  G W letter to the CA, calling by phone, emails or send smoke signals lol Whatever you can think of.

Oh wait a minute, it's local try dropping in. But have your information in hand, so it will make it easier for them to look it up. 

Timing is everything when calling or dropping in on a business.Pick a time, when the person is going to be in the best mood.

Most people dread starting the work week, so I would avoid Mondays & Tuesdays. I myself, was in the best mood Wed, Thurs and Fri. Wed I would think, half the work week is over and Friday's was the best. It was pay day and only hours away from starting the weekend. Woo Hoo! (unless they have to work on saturday).

Sorry for the long post. Good Luck to YOU!!  Let us know, how everything works out.

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
New Contributor
01mommy

Re: How should i get rid of old Medical Bills

falcon7xx wrote:

Back in 2008 and 2009 i had to go to the hospital twice. I received 2 bills from the ER and never paid them because i was in college and they came to my home address and my mom must have thrown them out. They both went to a local CA agency that called me and i paid them right away. What would be the best way to get rid of them now? Should I call the CA and see if they will delete or write them a GW?

Welcome!  I'd also try with the hospital, especially since they've been paid already.  I've had better luck with them than the CAs!  Best of luck!

Starting Score: 564 on 3/15/12
Current Score: 665 on 7/14/12
Goal Score: 675 by 9/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+