cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should this be listed on credit report ?

tag
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

How should this be listed on credit report ?

OC became a charge off and sent it to a CA.  I settled with the CA.  The CA then removed from EX.  So I disputed with EX to change the OC from closed, c/o $xxx to settled. EX just came in and they left it closed, c/o $xxx.  Is this correct reporting or should I try something else?  Thank you.

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How should this be listed on credit report ?

@avggoal700 wrote:

OC became a charge off and sent it to a CA.  I settled with the CA.  The CA then removed from EX.  So I disputed with EX to change the OC from closed, c/o $xxx to settled. EX just came in and they left it closed, c/o $xxx.  Is this correct reporting or should I try something else?  Thank you.

On COs the amount not paid is still an amount they can include in a balance due unless they gave you something in writing that says they would report a 0 balance due. Most usually report 0 balance due and put the amount leftover in the CO in the comments section.

Message 2 of 5
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

On COs the amount not paid is still an amount they can include in a balance due unless they gave you something in writing that says they would report a 0 balance due. Most usually report 0 balance due and put the amount leftover in the CO in the comments section.

the letter I got from the CA said, paid/settled in Full.  

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@avggoal700 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

A letter from the CA would only affect its TL and as you have said its gone, it has no effect on the OC. All you can now do with the OC is GW letter(s). Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

A letter from the CA would only affect its TL and as you have said its gone, it has no effect on the OC. All you can now do with the OC is GW letter(s). Good luck Smiley Happy

Ok thx.  Yes I currently have a GW in to the OC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.