cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after an item is deleted does the score go up?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

How soon after an item is deleted does the score go up?

Paid a collection and it was deleted from my husbands EX CR, waiting for it to be removed from EQ and TU, just curious of the score jump? Does it go up as soon as it's deleted? A few days later? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: How soon after an item is deleted does the score go up?

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

Paid a collection and it was deleted from my husbands EX CR, waiting for it to be removed from EQ and TU, just curious of the score jump? Does it go up as soon as it's deleted? A few days later? 

FICO score is a snap shot of your credit at the moment the score is pulled. It uses whateve rinformation is showing on your credit report.

Simply put, if the account is not showing, FICO will no longer factor it in. There is no delay in scoring.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Unless you are using scorewatch.  Those scores seem to be about a week behind.

Message 3 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Unless you are using scorewatch.  Those scores seem to be about a week behind.

Yeah I forget to account for that. This is a FICO website, after all... ha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 11
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Also keep in mind, there's a possibility the score may drop too. I have recently experienced that by having some chargeoffs removed.

Message 5 of 11
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Sorry I guess I should've specified that I meant with score watch. There hasn't been any updates yet so I'm guessing it hasn't been removed from EQ.. but was curious if it actually has been removed if SW would update immediately, as soon as it's removed, or a few days later.

Message 6 of 11
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

Sorry I guess I should've specified that I meant with score watch. There hasn't been any updates yet so I'm guessing it hasn't been removed from EQ.. but was curious if it actually has been removed if SW would update immediately, as soon as it's removed, or a few days later.

It depends on the kind of alert it triggers.  If it is just a score alert, it happens once a week.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 11
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

It depends on the kind of alert it triggers.  If it is just a score alert, it happens once a week.

that cant be entirely true bc i've gotten 3 score alerts in 1 week before.. I dont guess anyone is understanding what i'm asking. I'll just wait and see when it updates.

Message 8 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Your score will go up as soon as it is deleted.  However, if you are using scoredwatch, the alerts for score increases are lagging.

Message 9 of 11
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Your score will go up as soon as it is deleted.  However, if you are using scoredwatch, the alerts for score increases are lagging.

Thank you!!! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.