cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after serious delinquency can approvals roll in?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon after serious delinquency can approvals roll in?

Just curious if anyone has any data points for approvals with a DECENT card like Amex or Chase etc, after a 120 and 150 day late on several accounts, then everything is brought current with no more late pays.  I certainly see some crazy approvals here, one person got a $15000 limit card when just a 21 months before he had a charge off.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
rs02
Established Member

Re: How soon after serious delinquency can approvals roll in?

typically after one year.
Message 2 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It also depends on the rest of your reports.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 year even if I leave a charge-off unpaid? I have 2 auto loans in good standing and multiple credit cards with 25 years of history never late on. I was just hit with a charge-off out of nowhere for a business card I defaulted on 18 months ago. Didnt think it would appear on my report but it did catch up with me.  I'm hoping in 3 years once I'm able to pay everything off I'll be able to get an Amex Platinum

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd pull all reports. Often the creditors don't add all bad marks to all 3. If you have many more baddies on ex than tu for example, skip amex and try barclays and sync.
Message 5 of 7
rs02
Established Member

I would suggest you send a letter to the credit reporting agency and work some kind of pay for delete deal.  

Message 6 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

A PFD offer would be sent to a creditor, not a CRA.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.