cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon will a PFD come off of credit report?

tag
mynamemightbetim
Established Member

How soon will a PFD come off of credit report?

Last year, I wrote a goodwill letter to a collection agency and it was off of my credit as soon the same day that it arrived in the mail to them. (literally three days after I put the letter in the mail). 

This year, I arranged a PFD with the OC of a debt from 2010 (a medical collection), she called and wrote back that it was a mistake to list it in the first place, would be thankful for my payment and she would have the debt off within thirty days. Well, it is pushing forty days and it is still on there. Is has yet to even be marked as paid even. How long will this take? I wrote to and emailed the woman to tell her it was still on there (head of billing debt at the hospital) and have yet to hear back. 

Has anyone ever dealt with Berks Credit and Collections in Reading, PA? Or with paying the OC? I tried to pay Berks last year but they gave me nothing but problems, I filed a complaint with the BBB a while back as they were jerks, haha.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How soon will a PFD come off of credit report?

@mynamemightbetim wrote:

Last year, I wrote a goodwill letter to a collection agency and it was off of my credit as soon the same day that it arrived in the mail to them. (literally three days after I put the letter in the mail). 

This year, I arranged a PFD with the OC of a debt from 2010 (a medical collection), she called and wrote back that it was a mistake to list it in the first place, would be thankful for my payment and she would have the debt off within thirty days. Well, it is pushing forty days and it is still on there. Is has yet to even be marked as paid even. How long will this take? I wrote to and emailed the woman to tell her it was still on there (head of billing debt at the hospital) and have yet to hear back. 

Has anyone ever dealt with Berks Credit and Collections in Reading, PA? Or with paying the OC? I tried to pay Berks last year but they gave me nothing but problems, I filed a complaint with the BBB a while back as they were jerks, haha.

Sometimes it can take a while for things to come off. Many companies only file that stuff once a month, and from that point it can take until the CRA is able to address it. I would just wait for the woman to respond. I don't think a friendly call would be out of line either.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.