cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to address "authorized user" Credit Card/late payment & advice with rebuilding.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to address "authorized user" Credit Card/late payment & advice with rebuildin

If you Google Get A Human First Premier Bank there is a number listed.  Get a human usually is pretty reliable for getting around automated systems.  

@RCOH wrote:

Tried the other number, got the same automated service.

It said I had to contact Accounts Receivable Management which is a collection agency. I know they can't remove me.

I don't know what else to do other than file a dispute. I can't get in touch with a real person at First Premier. Doesn't matter which option I try (tried them all), they want either a account number or reference number before they will connect you with anyone. The only number I have is the account which get's me no where.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to address "authorized user" Credit Card/late payment & advice with rebuildin

@RCOH wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to work on repairing my credit. As for my report I have 3 credit cards listed with late payments that need addressed on all three agencies. One is for Capital One ($89.00) which I plan on paying very soon. The second is Merrick Bank ($266) that will be addressed soon after. The third is a card from First Premier ($449) that I was listed as an authorized user on.

Can/should I dispute the First Premier? It wasn't my card. I don't want to pay the balance unless it's necessary to clear up my reports.

Other than those I have a couple accounts in collection, 2 on Experian ($541), 3 reporting on Transunion ($634) and 4 listed by Equifax ($783).

All three are reporting my previous auto loan 'paid in full' plus my current loan that I took out in February. All payment are listed as on time with the new account. This did help improve my scores after getting another auto loan. It was necessary, I didn't have reliable transportation.

I've also applied for Credit One and was approved  just last week. I received a welcome letter from them yesterday. I don't plan on using this card except to make a small purchase each month then pay in full once it reports each month. I know I should have at least one more if not two additional revolving accounts reporting to help with rebuilding. Capitol One said they would offer me service again once I pay the debit with them.

As for Inquiries they are Experian (3), Equifax (3) plus Transunion with 0.

Any and all advice is appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

This is a PERFECT example of why using "AU" accounts to boost your credit score is a BAD idea.

Message 12 of 15
RCOH
Regular Contributor

FINALLY!

Second number I tired under "get a human" worked. (800-501-6125)

They removed me as an authorized user.

Now to get it removed from my reports. Already disputed trough Transunion yesterday, Experain doesn't have it listed, Equifax Ill give it another shot online before I use the form.

That account is really hurting my score. It's not only a charge off with late payments but also reporting over the limit making my UTI look awful to the system.

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 13 of 15
RCOH
Regular Contributor

UPDATE:

Received a response from Transunion about my dispute...

Investigation Results
CURRENT FILE
FILE NUMBER 335555XX
REPORT DATE 05/19/2016
DISPUTE OPEN DATE 05/18/2016
NAME RONDAL X XXXXXXXX
ADDRESS XXX  X XXXXXXXX XX 
XXXXXX, OH 433XX
COMPLETION DATE 05/18/2016

Account information
ITEM DESCRIPTION RESULTS

FIRST PREMIER BANK   #543362896162XXX  RESULTS: DELETED
Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gettting the AU accounts off your CR's should be fairly easy, as you're finding out....

But you've gotta make sure you are READY, willing and ABLE to now be a PAYER!

'I have 3 credit cards listed with late payments that need addressed on all three agencies.

One is for Capital One ($89.00) which I plan on paying very soon.

The second is Merrick Bank ($266) that will be addressed soon after. '

Truth be told if $89 is still being 'planned' and $266 is to BEaddressed at the same time

other CC's are being vetted for yet MORE usage...you need to be very careful (Mod Cut-non FSR)

Too many accounts here and there suggest there may be a steady payment issue....please be careful and safely

guard your on-time payment history as you rid yourself of these negs.

* Trust me not an attack, just frank advice...yes I know there was an issue medical. job loss whatever but ALL those and EVERY account

didn't get that way over one scenario ....grab your next chapter by making a change to how things get done.

Best of Luck

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.