Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to approach HSBC/Cap1

tag
jrrsmith18
Contributor

How to approach HSBC/Cap1

So I had a best-buy card by HSBC and around mid 2012 it was charged off. Later that year Cap1 bought out HSBC and acquired this card. But when I look at the payment history there is nothing prior to Cap1 taking over this card, so I'm missing like 2 years of good payments. I've disputed this with the credit bureaus but always come back verified. I've even talked with the Cap1 EO and they admit to not having the payment history.

This last time I disputed Cap1 sent me a letter saying they need info like card number, name, and reason for dispute. I haven't responded but should I or send a 623?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to approach HSBC/Cap1

Write to the capital one executive office. They were the only ones who've been able to help me with former HSBC card nonsense.

Message 2 of 4
jrrsmith18
Contributor

So I should contact them again and inquire more about the missing payment history? Like when we last spoke they mentioned it but nothing more. Should I press for a delete over the phone?
Message 3 of 4
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

The EO wont be the one that actually does the deletion, they still send to another dept, but they keep on it until its complete. 

Just send an email, explain what is incorrect, and let them know what you'd like to happen on the report. 

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.