cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with a non-response from a CA?

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

How to deal with a non-response from a CA?

I sent a PFD to a CA last week and they promptly replied, but instead of actually replying to the PFD, they simply put that they received my letter of dispute and they have thus flagged the accounts as disputed and gave me a breakdown of the amounts owed and the interest owed.  I am completely willing to pay the amount owed plus interest and stated that in my PFD.  They then end the letter with, "If you have any questions, feel free to contact our agency."  They didn't even acknowledge that I was willing to pay or even acknowledge the terms of the PFD.  No acceptance or decline.  No mention of it at all.

It sounds like to me, they have no intention of even considering the offer.  Any advice of how to go about combating this hardline behavior? 

I used the following letter:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=130&view=by_date... 

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to deal with a non-response from a CA?

Send it again.  No D, no P!  It took 3 times for one CA I dealt with to respond. 
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to deal with a non-response from a CA?

They probably saw the word "DISPUTE" and took it as a DV letter. I altered my PFDs to hide that word and lowered the caps.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.