Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with additional Collection Company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to deal with additional Collection Company

The original creditor  no longer could report my collection because of the 7 year date of first delinquency. However since the original creditor sold my collection, How do I deal with the new Collection Agency? Should I pay the collection because of fear of always having the collection sold again and again. I don't want any collections on my credit report and it seems that if I don't pay them I could never have a collection free credit report. What advice can you give me. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: How to deal with additional Collection Company

The CRTP (credit reporting time period) is 7 years for a negative account, but a CA will be 7.5 years from the DoFD on the OC account.Now sometimes negative items drop off a CR early, it's just up to each individual OC and CA to decide when to stop reporting.

Once the 7 to 7.5 years is past, these negative items can not be reported again on your CR.

Now if this is an unpaid CA and it is no longer on your CR, that does not stop the CA from trying to collect the debt.

The CA's can try to collect forever and ever amen.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.