Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with last two bads...

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Two bads left on CRs (EX & TU, EQ is clean), same two CAs.

1. RJM Acq.- WaMu checking acct-$713, estimated fall off: TU -03/12, EX - 01/12, placed for collection 09/2007
-updating periodically
** PFD accepted by RJM, PAID (7/1), will see how quick TL is deleted (Request sent from RJM to CRAs 7/5), Deleted from EX 7/7, still on TU for now. Deleted from TU between 7/8 and 7/11. RJM was easy to work with.
2. Collection Consultants- Tow Service-$915, estimated fall off: TU-09/13, EX - 07/13, placed for collection 03/2007
-hasn't updated since placed for collection

How should I go about dealing with them? I am looking to get my CRs spotless. Big Thanks in advance to this board and it's great members for the inspiration to tackle these things head on.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
sevenmil

Re: How to deal with last two bads...

If you want spotless, PFD is the only way to go.

Message 2 of 26
surfone7
Established Member

Have you already sent DV's?

RJM is well known for doing PFD's, do a search for them here and you'll see what I mean. I was able to pay them 50% of the debt and have them delete from the CRA's within a few days.

Message 3 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Do you always DV first? Is that to make sure that CA actually owns the debt? Will DV turn the CA off to PFD?
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

gree with PRe: How to deal with last two bads...

I agree with PFD. I had success with RJM. It took 2 tries but I paid in full and they deleted the tradeline within a few days.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: gree with PRe: How to deal with last two bads...

I have read RJM is open to PFD, but is DV always the first step?
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no experience with DV via the OC or CA.

A DV can take time.

I would not suggest one with RJM. Request payoff balance and deletion upon full payment receipt. You can TRY to negotiate a deletion with a settlement but your best bet is to pay it in full if you have the funds. Do so through snail mail and keep the correspondence in case there is a problem down the line.

Possibly a DV with the other debt? Someone else might be able to chime in on this one.

Message 7 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Thanks independentlady7, I appreciate the input. Any others?
Message 8 of 26
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Bump for some more looks...
Message 9 of 26
surfone7
Established Member

If you have the funds to pay them then I would go ahead and PFD. When I was dealing them, I did DV them and after I got their verification back, I emailed them with an offer of 50% plus deletion and within an hour they had sent me the deletion letter. I paid them and within a few days they were gone.  I DV'd them because I had no clue who they were or what they bought because I had never even heard from them before.  It turned out  that it was something from 05 through a book club and although it would have  fallen off soon and was past SOL, the debt was mine and wanted it deleted now.

I would send a DV to the collection company for the towing and then see if they would PFD. Someone here might have experience with that collection company. I do not. Wish you luck Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.