Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with nasty CA

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

How to deal with nasty CA

Hi. Ready to begin working to offer a CA that is carrying MANY medical accounts of mine. They are known as very difficult and nasty to deal with as told to me by a credit counselor. I also had a dealing with them a couple of years back and the head of the company tried to bully me a lot. They add a huge fee on each account (but they say it is legal, just the most the state allows). 2 years ago I offered a payment plan of $50 per month to them (couldn't give more, as I had other medical collectors to pay) and they said $100 or nothing. I couldn't pay that and keep paying my mortgage, so I stopped communicating with them. I think they did not sue me because they knew I did not have the money. I now do have the money to pay off what I owe, plus their outrageous fees, but I want to pfd them. If I am going to did that deep in my savings I would like the accounts removed. I have put them off til last-kind of scared to wake a sleeping giant. Any ideas on how I might be successful?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: How to deal with nasty CA

Name of CA please

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 8
trc1962
Regular Contributor

Chapman Financial of Spokane, Wa, they used to be called "Aetna." On transunion they are listed as chapman financial and on equifax they are still "Aetna."

Message 3 of 8
eric19k
Established Contributor

Send DV first and see what repsponse will be. If they verify then offer PFD. If they won't accept then I don't know. 

Personally I do research about every collection I'm dealing with. I search other forums, googling  and my credit report as well as to find something against CA. 

I was able to delete 4 collections in 1 month without paying a dime to them.  

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 4 of 8
eric19k
Established Contributor

Wait for other members to post. They might offer better solution.

TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 5 of 8
GooseGirl
Contributor

How old are these debts? You are outside of the SOL, right? If they are close to dropping off then maybe the CA will be more willing to negotiate.

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 6 of 8
trc1962
Regular Contributor

They are only a couple of years old, so no sol in sight yet. I will do some more research on them. Thanks for answers.

Message 7 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Still within SOL so tread lightly.  Only contact them if you have the money to take care of them.  Then try for a PFD.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.