Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with second round collection

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

How to deal with second round collection

On my credit report I have a collection listed from 01 Synchrony Bank FKA Geo Capital but when I call them they say call "Crown Assett Management" as they are the real collectors. I am trying to offer a PFD and Crown Assett Management never answers their calls, or calls me back after a message is left. How can I deal with this best?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to deal with second round collection

Do you know whether the orginial creditor still owns the debt, or whether they sold it to the debt collector?

Message 2 of 4
trc1962
Regular Contributor

The original creditor was JC Penney and when I contacted them they gave me a phone number to a collection agent. They said they cannot verify if the debt was sold. My guess is that it was sold to 01 Synchrony Bank FKA GE Capital and they are using "Crown Assest Management" to collect the debt. 01 Synchrony just passes me off and crown assett doesn't return my call (nobody answers the phone). Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are preenting you from paying while most likely also continuing to accrue interest, so you have a valid complaint.

I would send a formal complaint to the CFPB.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.