Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with sprint bill in collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to deal with sprint bill in collections

Hello everyone,

Here is my sprint bill in collections.   I would like to start my CR cleaning with this small bill and hopefully this will improve my score .   In this case should I call the original creditor first i.e.- SPRINT or should I call the CA   i.e. cavalry portfolio services .. and do Debt validation and work towards PFD... please suggest 

Date Reported: 03/2011  Date Assigned: 05/2008  Creditor Classification: Cable/Cellular 

Creditor Name: SPRINT PCS  Accounts Number: 1301XXXX 

Account Owner: Individual Account. 

Original Amount Owned: $191 

Date of 1 st Delinquency: 03/2006 

Balance Date: 03/2011 

Balance Owned: $191  Last Payment Date : N/A 

Status Date: 03/2011  Status: D - Unpaid  Comments: Consumer disputes this account information

CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SERVICES  Agency Address: 500 SUMMIT LAKE DR 

VALHALLA, NY 10595-134

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: How to deal with sprint bill in collections

Welcome to the forums, 

The DOFD is 3/2006 so this debt is alittle over 5yrs old. IMO if this is removed may only increase your CS by very little.

Know your states SOL, that way you'll know how to deal with this debt.

Are both the OC and the CA reporting on your CR's?

Deal with whoever owns the debt. IMO it looks like the OC still owns the debt because a balance is being reported.

If the OC is reporting correctly. If you have the funds,contact the OC, ask if they still own the debt and would they accept payment and call back the CA.  I would try to get this in writting before paying.

For more info...check out the tread....What Steps Do I Take? DV? PFD?   (use link below if you wish).

Hope this info helps.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.