Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Judgment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to delete Judgment?

I have one judgment. It was fully paid next day after court.Can it be removed?

Well, short story. One guy did some carpentry work for my construction company for about half a year. His last invoive I paid cash instead of check. Than he sued me (personally, not my company) and won. Amount was 1400.00. I paid him next day. Right now I have reported satisfied judgment. Is it any possible way to delete (vacate) this judgment? May be I should try to say, that it was not my personal, but commercial judgment?I can prove, that all payments was made from my commercial account and all checks was written to him was commercial checks, not my personal checks.

This guy definetely will not halp me to vacate judgment. What should I do? Try tovacate it try the court and county clerks? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to delete Judgment?

sadly, it looks like the only way you're going to get that one deleted is if you copy/paste your credit report into a Word document and then delete it yourself.

That's a tough one.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 2 of 9
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

although it is satisfied you could try vacating it based on their being some kind of mistake.....even if u dont win the battle in the end it could be dismissed (since no money is owed).. you could try vacating it saying it was a coporate debt, they sued the wrong party, and didnt produce evidence of a personal guarantee. since no personal guarantee you could say they should have obtained judgement against the company first in order for you to even have the option to pay a debt that was valid....
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have to mail letter to municipal court, try to explain that it should be corporade debt and ask them to vacate judgment? Is it right? Or I have to mail letter to CRA?

Message 4 of 9
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

no you would need to reinstate the case and act as your own attorney or hire one and file a motion to vacate possibly based on it being a corporate debt and the plaintiff not going through the appropriate channels/suing the wrong party. you could include that as an officer of the corporation you did not have personal notice of this oustanding debt and maybe there was a dispute over services rendered/workmanship. the debt is satisfied so this person probably wont even show up in court but if they do show up they key should be to have the matter nonsuited once it is reinstated, if they dont show up the judge will probably grant your motion depending on your state.

after case is reinstated and you get the result you want hopefully you would send a copy of those papers with the court seal to the CRAs.

Message Edited by CreditDrama85 on 10-21-2009 10:24 PM
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Probably I have to hire a lawyer. Do you have any idea if it's (motion to vacate) will work in Philadelphia municipal court, (PA)?

Message 6 of 9
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

i think your chances are good. the person probably wont show up in court and even if they do you are presenting a legitimate motion in which they have already been paid and you want to correct the record/error(s)..
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

And what if I will found that guy and he will want to help me? (I can offer him few hundred bucks. anyway it will be cheaper than lawyer).

What difference will it make? It should be the same process -- motion to vacate, or some sort of simple way? 

Message 8 of 9
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And what if I will found that guy and he will want to help me? (I can offer him few hundred bucks. anyway it will be cheaper than lawyer).

What difference will it make? It should be the same process -- motion to vacate, or some sort of simple way? 

That depends on where you live and judge handling your case.  In some places, judgments can be vacated after payment if the plantiff agrees.  YMMV

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.