Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute a CO that...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to dispute a CO that...

How do I dispute a CO from Verizon that stems from getting a home phone kit, taking it back within the 14 trial period and found it as a CO on credit report for $58.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: How to dispute a CO that...

Hard one to remove. I would send direct dispute to Verizon.
If no results, file BBB complaint
If won't work, then CFPB
If nothing above works then you should file for arbitration.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The dispute would be directed at the legitimacy of the debt itself rather than the fact that they later did a CO on the debt.

I agree.... send a direct dispute, asserting no debt in fact, and thus deletion of any action pertaining to any indebetness.

If they verify, next step would most liekly be to bring legal action, as it would involve resolution of your legal obligation for the debt itself.

Verification of accurac in response to a dispute will not require that they provide documenttion or prove the debt.  That resides with the courts.

Neither the BBB nor CFPB can make a binding legal determination on that issue.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

The dispute would be directed at the legitimacy of the debt itself rather than the fact that they later did a CO on the debt.

I agree.... send a direct dispute, asserting no debt in fact, and thus deletion of any action pertaining to any indebetness.

If they verify, next step would most liekly be to bring legal action, as it would involve resolution of your legal obligation for the debt itself.

Verification of accurac in response to a dispute will not require that they provide documenttion or prove the debt.  That resides with the courts.

Neither the BBB nor CFPB can make a binding legal determination on that issue.

This is actually on my husband's credit reports.  Can you provide a template with the way this should be worded with Verizon?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.