Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute account on CR that has no info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to dispute account on CR that has no info

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has run into this situation before, I have a couple of accounts listed on my CR where there is absolutely no information whatsoever besides an amount. The funny thing is that it says I opened this in 0001.Yes thats right, about 2000 years ago lol. I can't dispute this as I don't have enough information, so it seems. How do I go about getting rid of this? Thanks,

Credit Account Account opened in Jan 0001

Status as of [?] Jul, 2008
Date opened [?] Not Reported
 Date of last activity [?] Jun, 2006
 Date closed [?] Not Reported
 Account number [?] Not Reported
Loan type [?] Not Reported
 Largest past balance [?] $181 Terms [?] Not Reported
 Account Type [?] Open Account Account holder
 [?] Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] $0
Descriptions [?]
  • Medical
  • Collection account

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?]
 Current Status [?]
 Past Due Amount [?] $181 120+ days past due $181
Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times
 Worst Delinquency [?] None Reported

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to dispute account on CR that has no info

If you haven't already, I would get your free annual reports, as these reports come directly from the CRA and provide much more information than reports you'll get elsewhere, like on myFICO or TrueCredit.

For medical debts, you want to follow the HIPAA process. You can read about that by click on the link titled "medical collections" below.

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to dispute account on CR that has no info

If you haven't already, I would get your free annual reports, as these reports come directly from the CRA and provide much more information than reports you'll get elsewhere, like on myFICO or TrueCredit.

For medical debts, you want to follow the HIPAA process. You can read about that by click on the link titled "medical collections" below.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.