cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute same error to all 3 bureaus ?

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

How to dispute same error to all 3 bureaus ?

I'm trying to fix errors on my report and wanted to know how I can dispute to all bureaus the same error.

For an example I had Transunion delete a Nordstrom account that had late payments because I was only an authorized user, they deleted it within 24 hours.

Now do I have to make a dispute again to experian and equifax? 

Do I have to explain them the same thing all over again ?

Is this also correct for any future disputes?

At the moment I'm disputing an account in collection that is not mine (with experian).

If I get this collection to be deleted do I need to resend 2 disputes to the other CRA and explain the issue from the start and they will investigate all from scratch or is it sufficient to mention that experian already investigated and they deleted it ?

I'm just trying to figure it out.

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to dispute same error to all 3 bureaus ?

@pat0812 wrote:

I'm trying to fix errors on my report and wanted to know how I can dispute to all bureaus the same error.

For an example I had Transunion delete a Nordstrom account that had late payments because I was only an authorized user, they deleted it within 24 hours.

Now do I have to make a dispute again to experian and equifax? 

Do I have to explain them the same thing all over again ?

Is this also correct for any future disputes?

At the moment I'm disputing an account in collection that is not mine (with experian).

If I get this collection to be deleted do I need to resend 2 disputes to the other CRA and explain the issue from the start and they will investigate all from scratch or is it sufficient to mention that experian already investigated and they deleted it ?

I'm just trying to figure it out.

Yes,you have to individually dispute with each credit bureau.  They don't really care what the other ones do.

Message 2 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Each credit bureau is different so you have to dispute with each.

Sometimes when an original creditor makes a correction or deletion, they will transmit it to all three bureaus on their own.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the furnisher of the information, be they a creditor or debt collector, determines that the information is in fact inaccurate, and either needs correction or deletion, they are required to report that same determiantion to all credit reporting agencies to which they have also reported the information, and not just the CRA that is handling the dispute.

The intent of the statute is to avoid plural disputes on the same issue if the furnisher agrees with the dispute.

See FCRA (b)(1)(D).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.