Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute these two negatives?

tag
kbl7td
Established Member

How to dispute these two negatives?

I have the USAA monitoring, a few months ago these two negatives popped up, only on equifax. One was for an electric bill that a roommate failed to pay and ofcourse it was in my name. The other is from a landlord who is trying to charge me for replacing carpet. I haven't tried a pay for delete yet, but I'm sure they would take it. First I'd like to try to just wipe them off my report. Here is how they look on USAA.....I was going to write to equifax, any tips on what to say any writing? how to dispute them?

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2mneyzc.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/30bmlqr.png[/IMG]

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How to dispute these two negatives?

Message 2 of 4
kbl7td
Established Member

I'm not sure....I've gotten a few other things deleted with no basis at all. They were actually disputed online too. Maybe just say I don't recognize the accounts or that the amounts are wrong. 

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can't dispute accurate information. 

The charge for the electric bill is unfortunate but because your name is on it you will end up being responsible for it.  You could talk to the OC and plead your case and see what happens.

As for the carpet I would look into your states Landlord/Tenant laws.  Most are very specific about what can and cannot be charged for.  In the case of carpet, if in fact something the renter did caused it needing replaced, they generally cannot charge for the entire amount.  If the carpet was over a certain number of years old, only a fraction can be charged.   Other things need to be followed also in order to even get to the point of collecting.

Many states are tenant friendly where some are not so much.  It is worth looking into.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.