Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute this?

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

How to dispute this?

I have a HELOC account that was paid in full in November 2010.  We at one time in 2009 paid it 60 days late.  The pay status on this account on my TransUnion report is saying "60 days Past Due".  I contend it should say "Paid".  I have disputed it before because it was showing up twice on my report and one was deleted.  After the pay status didn't change I asked the mortgage company why it wouldn't say paid.  She said every CRA intreprets information differently and that is how TransUnion is intrepreting the data they send over.  And that since it was paid 60 days late at one time the pay status could indicate that. 

I recently got a report straight from TransUnion and one of the negative factors on that report is the Pay Status showing past due.  I don't understand how this can be okay?  I know it must be hurting my score and I want it changed.  The question is I don't know how to dispute it.  Since I already talked to the mortgage compnay and she agrees with what it says I don't think I could expect them to change it.  I don't know what is the best way to word the dispute with TransUnion however.  Should i send a letter with a copy of the report and what I think is wrong?  The balance does show $0, so it is obviously not past due.

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of what "Pay Status" truly means?  Like some manual or regulations?

I appreciate any help.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.