Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute?

tag
joyful63
New Visitor

How to dispute?

I have four judgements that have been paid approx 3 months ago and they have not been changed on my credit report.  Is there a form that I use to dispute?  What are my steps to dispute?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: How to dispute?

Simply call the CRA and dispute it as paid. i have disputed judgements as paid and they actually removed them. may not happen for you...but its been known to have an outcome like this. good luck!
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to dispute?

Personally, my first step would not be a formal dispute.

Judgments are a unique form of credit "reproting" in that they are normally not "reported" to a CRA.

They normally get into a consumer's credit file/report based on an internal revew of public records conducted by the CRAs.

As such, there is no actual "furnisher" of the informtion to which the CRA refers a dispute in order to obtain their verification of accuracy of the "reporting."

It is for the very reason that public record nformation usually does not have a classic "furnisher" of the information that public record information cannot be disputed via the direct dispute process.  Any resolution must be directed solely to the CRA.

Only furnishers are required to promptly report updates of information under the FCRA.  The CRA is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of their files, but absent speciric notice of change reported to them, it is not surprising that public record information may not be promptly updated.

Since the CRA is apt to be the only party involved in correction of the status to reflect that the judgment has been satisfied, I would recommend an informal call to them, and ask them to rview the public record for the reported satisfaction of the debt.  if the court has updated the record, the CRA will most likely simply update without need to file a formal dispute, and thus place a pending dispute flag in your file.  That will mess up your credit score until that flag is removed.  You can possible avoid that additional hassle.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.