Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find debt collectors?

tag
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

How to find debt collectors?

I had a 3 credit cards go to collection. I paid them off with collection agency in full. Do I write GW letter to credit cards or collection agency? Next question is, How do I find their addresses so I can write a GW letter. Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: How to find debt collectors?

netsfan549 wrote:How do I find their addresses so I can write a GW letter. Thank you!

The easiest way to track down information about a Collection Agency is Google.  If search the name of the company, find their website, then search for email addresses which use their domain name by searching "email @collagency.com"

Also, search here for the term (CA) PFD success or (CA) Goodwill success where (CA) is the name of the collector.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 11
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

yeah my problem is I dont know name of agencys

Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they reported to a CRA, the CRA should have their address.  It is a required reporting field.

Additinally, any credit reporting or other collection activity required sending of dunning notice, which must include contact information in order to permit the consumer to request debt validation.  Do you have a copy of their dunning notice?

Message 4 of 11
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Once you find the names to the collection agencies, I would try looking them up on the state website of collectors.  I think each state has a list of agencies that are authorized to collect in their state.  If they are not bonded to collect in your state, you can use that as a tool to get your negative accounts removed.

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
p-
Valued Contributor

@babyeyes00 wrote:

Once you find the names to the collection agencies, I would try looking them up on the state website of collectors.  I think each state has a list of agencies that are authorized to collect in their state.  If they are not bonded to collect in your state, you can use that as a tool to get your negative accounts removed.

^ good call.  Also, how can you not know the names?  If you haven't already done so, go to annualcreditreport.com and pull your 3 free reports.  If the CA is not on there, and you already paid, there's no problem.  

Message 6 of 11
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

Thank you! will check website out

Message 7 of 11
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Good luck.  Keep us posted. 

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

so I was able to access my credit report. so I would email my GW letter to address that is stated below? Thank you!

CITICARDS CBNA  
701 E 60TH ST N
SIOUX FALLS, SD 57104
(800) 950-5114
Date Opened:
04/30/2008
Responsibility:
Individual Account
Account Type:
Revolving Account
Loan Type:
CREDIT CARD
Balance:
$0
Date Updated:
09/22/2010
Payment Received:
$0
Last Payment Made:
04/30/2010
Credit Limit:
$1,000
Pay Status:
>Account paid in Full; was a Charge-off<
Terms:
Paid Monthly
Date Closed:
01/29/2009
Date Paid:
04/30/2010
>Maximum Delinquency of 120 days in 06/2009 and in 07/2009<
Remarks: 
>SETTLED-LESS THAN FULL BLNC<; >PAID IN FULL/WAS A CHARGE OFF<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 
01/2016

Message 9 of 11
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

anybody? =/

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.